Tutorial: Smoosh Pink and Orange Marble Mani
Ok, if I learned much as a young adult, it is that anything involving smooshing needs to be tried at least once. I saw some pretty sleek looking smooshed marble manicures on youtube and instagram and knew I had to give this technique a try. I am still waiting for my 1st stamper to arrive in the mail (after waiting nearly a month to receive the shipping confirmation) from the online Born Pretty store. It was pretty fun testing out this design, I was looking forward to trying this mani out especially with my new Bliss kiss manicure mat that had just arrived the day prior. The marble effect wasn't as prominent as I hoped for, but I am digging the near tie-dye vibes its giving off.
I used the brightest shades I could match, so my nails can compete with the sunshine we've been getting.
Shades used: L.A. Colors 'Family Ties'. Zoya 'Wendy'. Flower 'Eye of the Tiger Lily'
Tools: Bliss Kiss Manicure Mat, Cut Sandwich Bags-or-Stamping tool, Dotting tool-or- toothpick
1. Paint white base on nails. Having a base coat allows your design to really pop!
2. Border nails with a protective layer because I am telling you this mani is a messy one.
3. Place drops of your favorite shades on your manicure mat.
4. Mix and swirl your dotting tool-or-toothpick creating a dry marble design.
5. Immediately smoosh onto the stamper because that polish will dry honey.
6. Smoosh onto the nails. Be sure to smoosh over the nail's free edge as well.
7. Clean edges and seal with top coat.